Cultivate a community for creativity, literacy and lifelong learning.
RRISD Library Services produces discerning, information literate problem solvers who are prepared to succeed in a diverse society.
- Cultivate a love of reading.
- Preserve and protect intellectual freedom.
- Foster creativity, collaboration, communication and critical thinking.
- Provide personalized learning opportunities and resources for staff and students.
- Provide equitable access to technology and information literacy skills.
- Serve as instructional leaders on campus, district, state and national levels.
Sources used to develop vision and goals:
Library Systems Perspective
The library program provides the following:
- A commitment to link formal, school-based learning and independent, life-long learning by defining subject-matter knowledge and information literacy skills.
- Appropriate collections of resources and equipment for classroom instruction as well as individual use, with these collections organized for easy accessibility, optimum use, and efficient maintenance;
- Efficient and attractive working areas for students and faculty, and a supportive and pleasant environment;
- Effective management of library facilities and activities, which is flexible and based upon a continuing needs assessment and input from faculty, administrators, and students;
- Consultant services to teachers and staff to improve their use of library resources and facilities and their utilization of learning resources in the classroom;
- Individual and group instruction to students in the effective use of information problem solving skills, library resources, and facilities;
- Coordination of instructional resources and services from the district and regional levels;
- Information about current educational developments.