- RRISD Weeding Guidelines
- CREW Weeding Guidelines
- Book Reviews – Tips for Evaluating Materials
- Library Vendor Information
The purpose of the library collection is to provide for instructional needs, to support the curriculum, and to provide materials for the enrichment interests of students. These materials are to be appropriate for the age and ability of the students and shall include all varieties and types of materials and equipment.
- A basic collection, in a variety of formats, appropriate in subject and quantity for the users it serves.
- Audiovisual materials such as slides, transparencies, sound recordings, maps, globes, games, multi-media kits, videos, and computer software, as appropriate.
- Sufficient audiovisual equipment to meet the needs of the users.
- Professional materials, periodicals, and items of interest to the specific campus faculty.
- Local, regional, and national newspapers offering various editorial viewpoints.
- Periodicals supporting the curriculum of the school and reflecting the interest and grade levels of the students.
- Pamphlets and pictures related to various curriculum areas.
- College catalogs, career information, and guidance materials as appropriate.
- Electronic resources such as CD-ROM software, internet websites, e-books, e-audiobooks, and subscription database services.